About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ways In Which I Embarrass My Family

So my son tells me that he can't imagine any situation in which any of his peers would have a picture like this of their parents.
Yes I'm holding a chubby calico cat while wearing a pointy foil cap, but that's a thing, right?

I've always had my own, different, parenting style but apparently delving into the wonderful world of pet blogging has pushed me a little too close to the edge of reason. (In the boys opinion)
Flat Oskar is not allowed to go on any outings that my sons attend.  I think my husband may feel the same way but he's never verbalized it.

Practicing for the Flat Pet Flash Mob at BlogPaws 2012 was not allowed when his friends were over either.

So yeah, being a pet blogging, weird kind of mom can make the kids roll their eyes, but I know that when they see pictures of me acting like this
Or doing things like blogging ringside from the AKC Eukanuba National Championships
They all know it's mostly worth it.

My husband just came home from the grocery store and said, "why is there an oven mitt on the bed"...I don't remember taking it in there, but I did just misplace one a little while ago. Jack says maybe I need to put my foil hat back on.  Maybe it's not the pet blogging making me crazy...

23 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

BaaaaaWaaaah WE think that Oskar is messin with you... HE prolly took the Oven Mitt and put it on the bed.
He thinks THAT stuffs is REALLY fun to do... and we AGREE. BaaaWaaah

thepoodleanddogblog said...

My kids used to complain that I embarrassed them. Finally I told them that embarrassing my children gave meaning to my life.

They stopped complaining.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Pam we love you the way you are -- Foil hat and all. You put big smiles on our faces. As for the oven mit on the bed -- just blame it on Aliens!

Two French Bulldogs said...

I think you have a great sense of humor!
Lily

speedyrabbit said...

Hehehe I think the guys are crazy too,xx Rachel

da tabbies o trout towne said...

oskar...dont matter what yur mom doez due ore doz knot due.... de wee kids iz gonna be em bare azzed !!! we loves de pick sure oh flat oskar by de way !!! N pick sure one iz rockin !!!

Susie and Sidebite said...

Oskar, we be thinkin you need to keep a close eye on your Mom. She put the oven mit on the bed, hope she don't use you to take a hot dish outta the oven! Barharhar!

The Mad Scots

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Teehee! Lee and Phod

Jessica @ YouDidWhatWithYourWeiner.com said...

I like to think I am not that crazy pet blogging lady either but, sadly, I think I am :)

Cascadian Nomads said...

What Jessica said... You know that look you get when you try to explain to someone how much you learned in a recent pet blog hop? Yeah. All the time.

Jobi Harris said...

When all is said and done, your human family members are going to have a lot of great memories!

Kelley Caton said...

When you're gone the "Kooky Mom" stories will be the dearest memories they have. Your children will share them with their children. (At least that's what I keep tell my kids!)

Emma said...

Everyone including Mom herself has agreed that she has officially become that crazy pet lady, but who cares! We are happy, she is happy, and she is not the only crazy pet lady on the planet...now I know there is at least one more :)

Cattle Aussies said...

You are perfectly sane!...Well, at least as sane as the rest of us pet bloggers are ;)

Austin Towers said...

MOL! Who's crazy?

Demi Flydi said...

http://myeccentricsoul.blogspot.gr/2013/11/save-dog.html

I just updated my blog with a cute mini article about dogs!

Check it out!!! :)

meowmeowmans said...

Well, *we* certainly appreciate you and your sense of humor, Pam. Of course, *we're* pet bloggers, too. :)

Jeanne Pursell said...

You DO have an awesome sense of humor and we wouldn't want it any other way!! Pretty sure that my daughter feels the same about me! xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

Brenda said...

Hahaha! That's great... the photo on top is priceless. Hey, I'm seeing a potential new disciplinary technique here: "Clean your room and I agree not to text this photo to your friends."

Pup Fan said...

A little embarrassment is good every now and then... :)

Ruckus Eskie said...

Hilarious shiny cap

Henry's human said...

A little bit of insanity is a good thing! It keeps us all grounded. :-) Wuff

crazykittykat1 said...

My family thought I was crazy when I started blogging about my cats and tweeting with other pets. And all my animal friends on Facebook make their eyes roll. I love taking photos of my cats and putting them in silly costumes. But life would be boring if we were all the same. Do what makes you happy and enjoying having some good clean fun. My husband usually giggles at my blog posts and that makes me happy. Keep on blogging with the inspiration hits you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails