About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Storm Defender Anxiety Reducing Cape Review


The Storm Defender Cape is not like other products that look to swaddle dogs to relax them during storms.  The Storm Defender blocks the buildup of static electricity in the air keeping your dog calm as the storm approaches.

Oskar would often get antsy even before the onset of thunder and The Storm Defender allowed him to relax through electrical storms.  Here he is chilling in the "frat house" chair as a storm is rolling in.
After a few minutes, he simply moved to another comfy spot and went to sleep.
Oskar didn't mind the cape one bit.  We tried it through 4 electrical storms with similar results every time.  With The Storm Defender cape on he didn't even seem to be aware of the storms.  We give it two paws up!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

What a brilliant idea. Its such a simple thing to make so much difference.

Plus it looks rather fetching too

Mariodacat said...

WOW - that looks like a good item. Even I get scared of the thunder hoomers.

What Remains Now said...

I need to give this a try. The ThunderShirt works for my Freedom, but not Casper.

Gloria Hood said...

That's an awesome idea, even though I only get a tad antsy during storms.
Lovies, Miss Mindy

Finn said...

That's good to know!

Oz the Terrier said...

Wow! I think my Uncle Bailey the Bichon could use that cape! Good to know that it worked for Oskar!

Oz

Kim said...

Pawsome! I hadn't realized that it worked differently than the ones based on wrapping - cool! It sounds like it really did the trick for Oskar; wonder if it would work for our Chester? He's just like you mention, antsy before a storm even arrives!

chicamom85 said...

Oskar, I think you look very handsome in your cape. I do not do well with putting on clothes of any kind, so Mommy gives me a calming chew from the Vet, its all natural and I do seem to relax with it. I am very happy that your vest works good for you and we can both relax when the sassy storms come. I put pictures on my post with the bandana you sent me.

Loveys Sasha

The Cat From Hell said...

Wowwzers! With the storms we has been having, me needs to get me (and my hairy slobbery sisters and Kozmo) one of these! Thanks for the terrific review
Nellie

dougall.dog said...

What a great invention!

Bassetmomma said...

This is such a great idea. I wish I would have had one for my late basset Barney. He was terrified of thunder and fireworks. Thankfully neither of these bother Fred or Gloria. :)

Hilary said...

Thank you so much for leaving words of comfort for me on the passing of my beloved cat, Alex. Marc and I are heartbroken. We know we did the right thing, and every day we realize how much Alex was “preparing us” during the last few weeks, but it doesn’t make it any easier. We can’t stop the tears…. But having wonderful friends, like you, and the support of the CB is making it better….

Tamago said...

That is one cool cape!! My coworker's dog gets very scared when storm comes. I definitely recommend this to her!

Pup Fan said...

I'm so glad it worked! We tried it for Bella, but no success. It just made her look like a CVS employee. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails