About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

K9 Kamp Week 1 Walk it Off


Oskar & I are proud to be participating in Koly & Kelly's K9 Kamp and have successfully completed week 1, Walk it Off....kind of....

We did the challenge which was to go for a walk with our dogs for 60 minutes this week and try to keep a brisk pace to challenge ourselves.  We broke it down into 2, 30 minute walks and made sure to take the route with the big uphill, instead of the easier flat route.

Last night I had my husband come along on the second walk and take lots of nice pictures of Oskar & I doing our walking uphill.  I reviewed the pictures in the camera while we walked to make sure I had the photo's I wanted.  I noticed it said demo on the camera screen but didn't pay any attention to that.

Well what demo means is that there's no freakin' memory card in the camera!  In my defense it's a digital SLR camera that I inhereted from my son and am not that familiar with yet.  It doesn't have any internal memory, doh!

But back to our pictureless the challenge.  I decided to take Oskar on his 6 foot leash instead of his really long retractable leash so that I could keep him moving instead of meandering and stopping to sniff every pee-mail out there.  He wasn't happy with my decision, but he eventually fell into a nice quick pace with me.

Honestly the hill took it out of me, I'm really out of shape!  I could feel it in my calves, my thighs & my knees.  I'll have to keep an eye on my knees, I've inherited bad ones from my mom's side of the family and as I get older I'm starting to feel it.

The good news is the more I move around during K9 Kamp, the better it will be for my knees and everything else!

We'd love for you to jump in and join us for week 2 of K9 Kamp, Fetch It Yourself, so hop up off your computer chair and let's go!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hills are your friend! Well done for getting through the challenge and for choosing the tougher uphill. I too don't have any pics of my dog and I, cos I didn't think of giving the camera to someone else. We'll both have to make sure we get some good pics next week.

Peggy Frezon said...

Oh, sorry about the camera. Well, next time! Hill climbing can be strenuous that's for sure! I'm sure it would have done me in too. Great job on week 1. See you tomorrow!
Peggy $ Kelly and Brooks

CinnyBBS said...

Great job! Hills are a good endurance challenge and you and Oskar will master it in no time! Just like JR and Baby Pom are training me over at <a href="http://whirlwindof surprises.com>Whirlwind of Surprises</a>

Corbin said...

Great job!
-Corbin

Elyse and Riley said...

Hahaha! Poor you...no memory card in the camera! That sucks. I could just picture some nice images in my head of your walk. :)

Elyse and Riley

Gemma said...

Wow! Very impressive. Good job. Shame about the camera. We giggled because it was something I could easily see my mum doing!

Annie said...

Good job Oskar & his mom!! Uphill walks really do burn in the legs! Can't wait for challenge 2 tomorrow!

Kolchak Puggle said...

Woo hoo! Way to show those hills who is boss! (It really does tire the woof out of the muscles doesn't it?!) Too bad about the camera! 've one that more times than like to count!

PepperPom said...

My mom and I have bad knees too! we feel your pain! I am almost always on a 6ft lead, I broke the retract on my retractable. BOL!!
Bummer about the memory card.
Hugs.
Pepper

Ian said...

Shame about the pics. It sounds like something my Dad would do, except he always forgets his camera & has to use the camera on his phone.

It sounds like a great walk. As they say no pain no gain.

Sheba.

Pup Fan said...

Glad to hear the first week went well, lack of photos notwithstanding!

Related Posts with Thumbnails