Hi, my name is Sandy from Cherished Handmade Treasures. I have three small dogs that I love to bake for. Two of them are Shih Tzu's and the third is a Cock-a-Tzu (Shih Tzu/Cocker Spaniel mix).
They are all males. Things can get pretty wild at my house at times when the boys begin one of their sumo wrestling sessions, especially if one breaks free and the other two have to chase him down. If you own dogs, especially males dogs, I'm sure you get the picture. To quiet them down, sometimes we have to give them something to chew on besides each other! These little Pupcupcakes are just the thing, it keeps them busy for a few minutes.
· 3 cups rolled oats (don’t use quick cooking oatmeal)
· 1¼ cups flour
· 2 eggs
· ¼ cup oil
· ½ cup milk
· 1½ cup prepared applesauce (sugar-free)
· 1 apple (chopped)
· ½ tsp. to 1 tsp. cinnamon (your discretion)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini-muffin pan or line with paper liners.
2. Combine oil, milk, eggs and applesauce in large bowl and mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients in 3 intervals mixing lightly each time to incorporate.
4. Spoon into mini-muffin pan and press the back of a spoon in the top to make a small well.
5. Add chopped apples mixed with cinnamon on the top of each dough well and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool. Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container; store unused in freezer for a longer shelf-life.
My boys give these two paws up!!!
For more Gourmet Dog Treat recipes, visit: Cherished Handmade Treasures
Cherished Handmade Treasures is a treasure trove of great information, including a whole section on gourmet dog treats! We want to thank Sandy for sharing this great recipe with our readers. Oskar is already demanding some.
Perhaps this Amazon Promotional Code can save money on cookbooks for doggy treats.
Have a great pet recipe that you'd like to share? Drop us a line at PBU at comcast dot net.