About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dorkiness Be Damned, I'm Going To A Dog Show!


I think you all know I'm crazy for dogs.  (Cats, too, for that matter.)  So when I got the opportunity to go to the AKC Eukanuba National Championships as one of Eukanuba's VIP Bloggers I was in heaven!

And then I got nervous...scared...to...death.  While I was lucky enough to know most the of people who would be accompanying me, these were all dog people.  People who show dogs, people who breed dogs, people who know stuff about dog shows.  Well, there was one other in our group that I don't think is a real dog show aficionado, but she happens to be a beautiful veterinarian, who has been to the show before.  Yeah, I think she knows a little bit about dogs too.

I've never been to a dog show, much less a National Championship!  Chance of me looking like a huge dork, likely, very likely. 

Eh, I figured I'd rather be a dork at a dog show than a dork missing the dog show.  I also had the built in security of knowing that these people I had traveled with before were patient about my questions, and really just fun & welcoming people all together.

Well, I had an amazing time, tons of fun stuff to share with you & lots of pictures of cute dogs!  I learned a lot, and I still don't know about titles, and points and disqualifications, but I'm excited to share a dog show outsider's view of this great event with you over the coming weeks.

17 comments:

JackDaddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JackDaddy said...

It's all good until the judges start checking out the undercarriages! :)

Momo and Pinot said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the show!
Best wishes to you and Oskar in 2012.

Momo & Pinot

Kitcaboodles said...

Ooh looking forward to hearing all about it. I've been wanting to go to a cat show for ages (to view, not to compete!) but have been a bit worried about sticking out like a sore thumb as the only one there who doesn't anything!!

Frankie Furter said...

I think we will appreciate Your PAWspective.. even MORE than the "know it alls" who tawk over our heads. I'm just sayin.

Teresa said...

I've always wanted to attend a dog show like this. I look forward to your report (and the cute dog pictures!).

Finn said...

What a great adventure!

Mariodacat said...

What a fantastic opportunity. M has been to local dogs shows, but never a big one. What fun. Knowing M she's want to buy all the doggies there too.

Hoke said...

WOW what an opportunity!!!! where there lots of westies there?!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

we look forward to hearing more about it.

It isn't "dorky" not to know something...how can you ever learn if you don't take the initial step?

Chewy said...

fun dog show! would like to hear how it went.

Chewy

The Cat From Hell said...

Me is so happy yous ejoyed the dog show! Me wants to hear all about it. Me don't think think it would be a great place for a small cat though.
Kisses
Nellie

bichonpawz said...

I am with you Pam! I would have been freaking out!!! So glad that you were able to go and look forward to hearing all about your adventure!!

Magic said...

Glad you enjoyed the dog show - we go to quite a few in the UK with being shown ourselves but it will be very interesting to hear about dog shows in the US. Love from Magic xx

meowmeowmans said...

We would think a dog show would be great (then again, maybe we're just dorks, too)! Glad you had fun!

Happy New Year, friends!

Pup Fan said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!

All4UrPet said...

Hello there,

Your piece on the dog show is awesome! I think I would feel like a fish out of water at something like this as well, but you definitely had the right attitude about trying it! I'm so happy you had a good time, and I look forward to seeing more pictures from your show experience!


LizAnn
All4UrPet Representative
http://all4urpet.com/

Check out the App store for Android and iPhone to download our mobile application! Simply search All4UrPet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails