About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Shedmonster Product Review

Recently we were contacted by Shedmonster to review their pet grooming tool.

Since Oskar's fur is too tangly & he is not really cooperative when it comes to brushing, plus the fact the as a miniature schnauzer he doesn't shed, I used this on our cats, Chloe & Moe.

Moe

I have to say the Moe loved the process & we got tons of fur off of her.

Moe hair along with a note from my son.

A second batch of spare fur.
It worked like a charm on her and she acted like she was getting some great attention while we used it on her.

Chloe, who is more double coated, with both long and short fur did not have the same results.  The Shedmonster didn't really remove any fur from her coat.

Chloe, the Shedmonster failure
The Shedmonster worked better on Moe than any other grooming tool we have tried, so I would recommend this product highly for a short haired animal.

*I was not compensated for this post, just sent a Shedmonster to try out.  The views here are based on my personal results with the product.

14 comments:

Benny and Lily said...

momma needs a vaccuum for us
Benny & Lily

Mariodacat said...

Interesting. m said maybe she'll have to give it a try. She Furminates me, but I don't like it much so she only gets in a couple of swipes at a time. Maybe this would work on me cuz I has short hair.

Mr. Pip said...

Thanks for sharing this review. I have always wondered about this product and may give it a try.

Your pal, Pip

Fuzzy Tales said...

Hmm, the mom is looking for a good shedding brush for us. Derry's coat is very thick, though, and he sheds a TON of fur. Nicki sheds too, but doesn't have the thick fur that Derry does. Might be good for him!

Princess Jasmine said...

Oooh, that looks nice. Me and Simby love being groomed in the garden. Mummy gives the furs to the birdies for the nests :)xx

Bailey said...

Doesn't sound like it would do much for our Shelties. They need the industrial version.

Tessa the Maltese said...

My Mom used to have lots of Sheltland Sheepdogs. Mom said that hair was ALWAYS everywhere. All over everything. Mom sure could have used that ShedMonster back then.

For me, no shedding. Oh well. Sure hope that Moe enjoys the ShedMonster!

woos, Tessa

Elyse and Riley said...

This might work on Chloe--she doesn't have a double coat like Riley does. The FURminator works wonders on Riley's double coat but does practically nothing on Chloe's. I noticed yesterday when I was petting Chloe that she had fur just flying off. And I noticed the day before when she shook off that fur went everywhere! I may have to try this.

Elyse and Riley

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Did you mean to say that it worked on your long haired cat and not the short haired one? (Chloe)...I think at the end you might have reversed them unless I read wrong...we had the same poor results with our short haired Cody

Bailey Be Good! said...

My mommy can't believe HOW much fur comes off me. It's a wonder I'm not bald!

Woofs & hugs,

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Link Bartholomew said...

Interesting...I have medium length hair. I wonder what would work for me? I'm ashamed to admit it, but mom never brushes me. Whenever she tries she never gets any hair in the brush, so she's given up. She does however, find my hair all over her couch!

Chicco said...

Oh yes, very good review!
Have a great week.
Woof, woof,

Chicco

tubby3pug said...

I think you must be related to our cat Baby, Daddy says we could make another cat out of her hair (every day)

meowmeowmans said...

That was a great review. We had not heard of the shedmonster before, but we'll have to check it out!

Have a great day, friends. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails