About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Open Hearts: Adventures in Dog Fostering - Featured Blogger

This week we're talking to Kim from Open Hearts for an inside look at fostering!
.
Kim with her family's dog, Shelby

Hello, everyone! My name is Kim, and I started my blog Open Hearts: Adventures in Dog Fostering at the end of last year. I began it as a way to document my adventures fostering dogs with a local all-breed rescue. I also hoped that the blog would create awareness about fostering/rescue and convince others to give it a try. My blog has evolved into a supportive community where other fosters and dog owners share their experiences and expertise. Please, come join us!

Our current foster, Karina, who has been featured on Foster Friday!
As for my favorite posts...
Early on, I started to grapple with the sheer number of homeless animals in U.S. shelters. I wrote about this in one of my favorite posts, The Underworld.

Every once in awhile, I'll post a dog-related book review. Jim Gorant's The Lost Dogs was what convinced me to foster, so it's only appropriate that it's my favorite book review.

Our first foster, Wookiee. (His adopters appropriately re-named him Chewy.)
In addition to fostering, my fiancé and I take in overnight canine guests from time to time. These dogs are on a transport from shelters in the South to rescues in the Northeast. They just need a place to crash along the way. I really enjoyed this post about how an 85-pound lab-horse mix ended up in my living room one night.

Oskar & I hope each of you will take some time out of your week, to stop by Open Hearts and leave them some comment love!

If you'd like your pet blog to be featured here on Pet Blogs United, drop us a line at PBU at comcast dot net, or click on the JOIN tab above to find out more.

13 comments:

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

We love Open hearts! Thanks for featuring!

www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

We love Open hearts! Thanks for featuring!

www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

Mariodacat said...

I will go over there right now. Thanks

Bailey said...

Going by to check it out. What a great mission.

Max the Quilt Cat said...

Great post. I'm on my way over to check out that blog for sure.

pawhugs, Max

Kolchak Puggle said...

We read their blog from time to time. They are one of the reasons (along with Love & a Leash & Dog Foster Mom) that we would love to foster at our house. Trying to find out if the city would relax the "2 dog rule" if they were for foster dogs. Paws up to Foster pawrents!

Benny and Lily said...

Open Hearts is very good!!
Benny & Lily

To Dog With Love said...

Great post! We'll check them out!
Your pals,
Cosmo and Diane

Chicco said...

Beautiful post, yes Open Hearts is so important.
Happy sunday.
Woof, woof,

Chicco

scottishdogs said...

Karina looks an angel awwwww! Open Hearts do important work. I dont think I could bear to send any of them back.....

Hector's hooman
x

ellie said...

We kitties will check out Open hearts site now :)

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone! (And thanks to Pam and Oskar for this post!)

Kim
http://dogfoster.blogspot.com

petdoginsurance said...

Thank you for posting. Very informative.
Pet Sitting California

Related Posts with Thumbnails