About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Maisie and Me - Featured Blogger

This week we are proud to feature Maisie and her person Francie from Maisie & Me.

In January of 2009, I lost my beloved dog Kaya after over 16 years together. I lasted less than two weeks before the quiet and stillness of an empty apartment got to me and I decided to take in a foster dog.

Maisie had originally been found living in an abandoned house in a very bad neighborhood. She was about a year old. After being rescued by a good samaritan, she was adopted by a family but unfortunately, whatever Maisie experienced in her first year of life made her fearful of men.

The husband was looking for a dog to be a running partner, but Maisie wouldn't run with him. So the family relinquished her to a doggie daycare facility that sometimes houses dogs waiting for foster homes through a local rescue. At the time, I was on the Board of Directors of that organization and when I decided to foster, Maisie had been living at the daycare facility for a month with no foster or adoption applications (she was black and a pit mix, both big strikes against her as far as potential adopters). I took her home and she slept for nearly two days straight.

Maisie still has issues but thankfully she is about the cutest and snuggliest dog I've ever met. I started this blog because I was afraid all my friends on Facebook were getting sick of so many posts about her and figured this way, at least reading all my dog stories could be optional!

Here are 3 of their favorite posts:

Antlers

Treat Dance

Nobody's Perfect

Take some time this week to visit Maisie and Me and leave them some PBU comment love. 

Maisie also wanted me to let you all know that she's running a contest this week to win a pawsome deer antler!

If you're a pet blogger & you'd like to be featured, drop us a note at PBU at comcast dot net.

10 comments:

Brian said...

Maisie is sure a cutie, and she is one happy woofie now!

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

Yay, so exciting! We LOVE maisie and Francie and their blog! They definitely deserve this!

www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

Maisie's Mom said...

thanks so much for the love!!! :)

In Black and White said...

Ha! That's one of the reasons I started to blog too! I was just swamping everyone with doggy tales.

www.bwpaws.blogspot.com

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Great blog to feature. I'd been wondering about deer antlers and learnt a lot there:) And I'm now following Maisie and her Mom.

I've recently been awarded the Versatile Blogger award and am passing it on to you and Oskar. If you want to pick it up it's there waiting for you.

Tamago said...

Maisie is so cute!! The reason Francie started the blog is funny but this is a great way to share stories with many other animal lovers :-)

ForPetsSake said...

We're already following and love this precious kid. Her mom has a great blog layout and way of writing, too!

petdoginsurance said...

Thank you for posting. Very informative.
Pet Sitting California

Chicco said...

Oh Maisie is so cute.
Oh, i'm very sorry that you lost Kaya, I'm sure she was good dog.
Woof, woof,

Chicco

PawPurrry said...

Maisie is absolutely gorgeous...I find it funny that you started your blog to spare your friends on facebook..isn't that was Facebook is for? So we can brag about our babies?: )

She is gorgeous...I can't imagine that anyone would get tired of hearing of her:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails