About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We Need Your Help!

Hello friends,

Sorry we have been mostly absent around here.  After my uncle's death it has taken me some time to get back up to speed.  All of your prayers and kind words have been deeply appreciated, so thank you.

We are currently working with the Crossed Paws group on a series of cookbooks on disc to be an ongoing fundraiser for pets in need.

We are asking for all of your help.  We are looking for pet recipes, but are also expanding the series to include a soups disc and a casserole disc, so we need your help.  Please send your pet recipes, soup recipes & casserole recipes to PBU at comcast dot net.  Feel free to send more than one.  If you send a recipe, please include a picture of your pet, the finished product, if you can, and your blog address.  All recipes that appear in the cookbook will have a link to your blog included.
We really want to get the word out about this, so mention it to your friends, Tweet it or even post about it on your own blog, but whatever you do, send us those recipes!

13 comments:

Link Bartholomew said...

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. We will purr! Marmie has a very good soup recipe she will submit. Yes, we did want to be featured. However, Marmie types a lot slower than I'd like. We will try to get something in to you soon.

Mariodacat said...

Well, since we don't have any anipal recipies, we can furnish a ooman one.

Peggy Frezon said...

I'm posting a link to you on my blog tomorrow. Good luck. I'll send in a recipe too.

Honey the Great Dane said...

Hi Oskar! As you know my human is a really useless cook so I don't think we'll be able to contribute - but I'll definitely mention this in my next post so that some of my readers may be able to help!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Frankie Furter said...

I think this is grrrreat. So do you want some two legger recipes too???
Do you know Stella??? she was talking about a recipe that her mom makes... I suggested she might want to put that recipe in the Book!!!

Amber DaWeenie said...

I will have Mom try to gather up some more recipes.

Pepsi the Lazy Bum said...

Oh man, my hoomans are horrible in the kitchen. I'll have to see what I can do to help!

Woofs,
Pepsi

Eleanor said...

Hi, I just wanted to check something. Are these recipes going to be ones that can be used all the time in place of bought cat foods? By that I mean do they need to have the proper percentages of muscle meats, organs, vegetables and vitamins etc? (I did a lot of research into this at one time).
Or are they just recipes for 'taste', treats to be given in between normal cat food feedings?

Sorry to get serious on you! :)

Oskar said...

Eleanor, these are just pet treat recipes, not any balance diet, food replacement recipes. So far we have gotten only dog recipes, so if you have one for cats, let us know!

Pam & Oskar

Kolchak Puggle said...

Oh...we'll have to pick something to send! We have a good kitty recipe too!

Momo and Pinot said...

We're sorry to hear about your uncle... Our thoughts are with you and all of your family.

The recipe book is interesting!!!

Momo & Pinot xoxo

Eleanor said...

Ok then, cat treats it is! I have a couple of things that I make my boys (which they love!). I'll type 'em up and email them over.

Hilary said...

I make a lot of soup, but just wing it (never measure). If I can figure out what I do, I will send you something....

Related Posts with Thumbnails