About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rubie A Miniature Schnauzer ~ Featured Blogger

This week we are so happy to introduce you to a brand new blogging friend, Rubie A Miniature Schnauzer.  Take it away, Rubie!



Hi Everyone,

Pam and Oskar have asked me to introduce myself because I have finally worked out the computer and have become a blogger.

To talk about me, I must first talk a little about my mum. Mum loves animals and had rescued a black cat in 1993, they were best buds till 2009 when Cleo crossed over the rainbow bridge. Mum retired from the workforce early - she said she had done "enuf" and then did what my dad does all day (which is not much!!) She decided that she had more than enough time to give a little doggie a good life and a great home.

My mum says she fell head over her heals for my breed after her brother (my "uncie") got a mini schnauzer in 2009.

I was born on the 2nd May 2010 and my breeder placed an ad in an online trading site for "Purebred Mini Schnauzer Puppies". There were 10 (!) in my litter and my mum actually wanted a Black and Silver mini, so she put a deposit down on the smallest of my siblings (the only black and silver female was "the runt"). I am very sorry to say that my sister didn't thrive and my mum was asked to chose from 2 remaining girls - then she chose ME! I know it's very very sad about my sister crossing the rainbow bridge - but both mum and I are very happy with each other. Mum was told by the breeder that I had a "cheeky, playful and vocal" personality so I have a lot to live up to!

Mum and Dad drove about 250 kilometres to collect me, and I rode on the knee of my breeder to get to my new parents at 8 weeks old.

This is me on the first day I met my parents.... in the arms of my mum - we are about halfway home.

My home is the Southern Beaches area about 25km south of the capital city of Adelaide in South Australia. We have a nice climate and don't get snow. Adelaide is famous for hot, dry summers and I have already had a few days over 30 degrees celsius, and I flake out fast. Mum says "wait till it hits 42-43 degrees ten days straight!". Lucky I am an inside doggie and we have very good refrigerated air-conditioning.

I have started Obedience School after finishing Puppy Classes at my Vet. I also do Puppy Agility. We are on summer break at the moment and will go back in February 2011. I absolutely "rock" at agility school and love jumping over things, running thru tunnels, scrambling up and down ramps and weaving in and out of sticks. Mum puffs a bit coz she has to keep up with me and I can really zoom! Obedience school is a bit harder because mum and I have to be more structured and precise and I can get a little bored or distracted or just plain wilful (this can make things hard).  

I decided to start my blog after reading lots of cool doggie and other pet blogs. My inspirations included Oskar, JD & Max, Santa and her group, Fatty & Ally, Sasha & Rupert, Betsy Boo, Bert & Oliver - I won't go on - but there are more!!

My interests include food and anything that can be put into an edible context, my toy basket, my tennis balls, helping, my handmade faux fur pillows, sniffing and following bugs, avoiding bath-time, the beach, doggie parks, and supervising my parents in case they sneak into the kitchen and get a snack so that I can participate in that too.


I see a fair bit of my uncie's girls (2 mini schnauzers - my cousins Scarlet and Zoe) and they try to "muscle in" on my blogs occasionally too. They are who I play bitey-face with.

That's kinda me in a nutshell... I hope you sniff by and check out my blog sometime!

Mum, dad and I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas (I still am not sure what that means) and a fabulous New Year!

Tail Wuggles,

Rubie

Here are 3 of Rubies favorite posts:

Is she breaking out or breaking in?

Can you help to explain Christmas to Ruby?

A super schnauzer play date!

Our initial goal is to help bloggers reach out and find one another, so I sincerely hope you'll visit Rubie and show her some Pet Blogs United love!

If you are interested in being a Featured Blogger on Pet Blogs United drop us an e-mail at PBU at comcast dot net!

15 comments:

The Sprollies 'n' Border Collies said...

Rubie's so cute! I'm gonna go visit striaght away!

Santa, Minnie and Christmas said...

We love Rubie! She is too adorable!

Caren Gittleman said...

on my way over to visit Rubie right now, thanks for introducing us!

Max the Quilt Cat said...

Thanks for introducing us. I went right over to meet Rubie. Great blog.

pawhugs, Max

Keisha said...

Is nice to meet u! U is such an awesome dog, Rubie. :)

Hilary said...

Rubie, you are such a cutie!

Bocci said...

Nice choice-Rubie is adorable!!!
We'll visit right away!

K-9 Katastrophe said...

Nice to meet you, Ruby!! You sure are cute!!

Licks,
Ruthie

Swimtaxi said...

We found Rubie's blog recently and enjoy visiting every day.

Thanks for featuring her blog here for others to enjoy it too.

Rubie said...

I'm all choked up with your beautiful words (thankyou very much), and huge thanks to Oskar and Pam for encouraging me - the pet bloggers of the world are just amazing!! Tail Wuggles and a big lick! Rubie xox

Mack said...

THank you, Oscar and Pam for letting us know about Rubie. My mom is nuts over Schnauzer's!!

Deborah said...

I'm going over to visit now! Thanks again Oskar and Pam!!
xxoo
Deborah

I Am HoneyBuzz said...

We will be sure to go visits Rubie's bloggie! We are sorry we missed your sooper dooper giveaway fun but mom was real sickies with da flu for a couple weeks and she couldn't help me blog or visit my furends! Hmph!!! But we knows you probably had lots of fun doing it!!

Big Slurps, HoneyBuzz

Angie, Catladyland/Katt Food said...

Rubie has the sweetest face! And what a great story :) Thank you for introducing us.

p.s. Oskar, you are one of the treat winners in the giveaway -- hop over to Catladyland!

Peggy Frezon said...

Rubie is a jewel. What a cutie! I'm on my way to go visit her blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails