About Pet Blogs United

Pet Blogs United aims to support our fellow pet bloggers by encouraging members to visit other members and leave comments. It’s a great way to find great blogs & new friends.

Pet bloggers are some of the kindest people we’ve come across, so we know that with your help, this site will become a great place for everyone.
We will have a featured blogger every week once we get going and that person will hopefully be showered with comments from our members.

To be a PBU featured blogger, first become a follower through Google Friend Connect (juct click the follow button you always see). Then just send an e-mail to Pet Blogs United. We'll contact you, have you pick some of your favorite posts and feature you when your turn comes up on the list. Pet Blogs United will only feature blogs about, by or for pets & animals.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Doggie Dilemma Update

First we want to thank all of you for caring so much about our little pit bull friend.  You guys are the best and gave us lots of great advice.

I haven't seen the dog since Wednesday, but his family is home.  I have learned that there have been some neighbors that have called our township, where pit bulls are illegal, and I think that they may have come and removed him from the home.

That's just a guess and I will certainly let you know if he comes back and what happens if he does.

What I do know is that if I call my township, the dog will be removed and destroyed, which I think may be a better fate for him than a life of abuse, as horrible as that is for any of us to say.  PBU reader Caren Gittleman from Cat Chat with Caren & Cody lives in my area and has given me lots of great contacts that I will follow up on if this pup shows up at his abusive home again.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to all the PBU readers who weighed in on this rough situation.  We will keep you updated.

6 comments:

Kea said...

We'll look for an update.

The best possible scenario is rescue, of course, but frankly, a life of daily abuse isn't a life at all. Lots of purrs and Light for this poor sweetie.

K-9 Katastrophe said...

Thanks for the update!

Random Felines said...

Thanks for the update. I will cross my fingers that something positive has happened for that poor dog - and that these people never have another dog again.

Pepsi Bum said...

Thank you for the update! I have been waiting to hear about what you were gonna do, but it seems some people couldn't stand the thought of the pain the poor pup must be going through as well.

I sure hope there's a happy ending for the pup!

Woofs,
Pepsi

Caren Gittleman said...

Pam you are most welcome! If there is anything else you need please don't hesitate to get a hold of me.

Keep me posted!
Much Love,
Caren and Cody

Lavi said...

I read the story about the poor pit bull and I hope he now has a better life than before.
In my opinion, no dog should be treated like that, even if it is from one of the "dreaded breeds". There are always more humane methods than a shock collar and ignoring the dog's needs.
Hope to hear some good news about this. Sorry I couldn't advise you at all, I live in another country.

Related Posts with Thumbnails